Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Level 2, days 5 & 6.

Day 5 was on Saturday, but after all that soul-searching the night before, I didn't have much energy left for blogging. And that turned into two days off... and now back on again, and, somehow, I've made it past the halfway mark for level 2? How did this happen?!

Today's MS was stellar - well, as stellar as it can be, for me. I did 15 reps of everything, except that last ta-da move, where I did 10 reps on the right side and 8 reps on the left, hahaha. 15 reps doesn't sound like a lot, but the back of my neck/hairline was dripping and I was wobbling like crazy. I'm really proud of myself for pushing through and not giving myself any shortcuts or excuses. DC was not so stellar, I don't know if I even managed 10 minutes. I tried to do the Meta DC on the floor, and then on the rebounder, and my body just wasn't having it. After getting used to DC on the rebounder, trying to jump on the floor feels so terrible, the ground feels so hard. It might be that I need new shoes, I don't know, but cardio's giving me such trouble lately. I'm longing for spring, when I can go out "treadmill" dancing on the bike path - or just walking, or running, or whatever. My body feels like it's craving a jog, and I'm peeved that I can't do that, especially not after we had a SNOWSTORM this weekend!

I've also been thinking a lot about motivation. I know I'm not committed enough to this program, I'm taking way too many rest days. I'd really like to do my Meta at LEAST 5, if not 6, days a week. I also think I need to take a long, hard look at my diet and re-download one of the calorie counting apps I had on my iPod (or when I hopefully get an iPhone 4S?!) so that I can track what I'm eating and be more self-aware in that way.

My mom used to do Richard Simmons - I remember she had one of his Sweatin' To The Oldies VHS tapes, and his FoodMover program - and she also has this book he wrote called Never Give Up, which I dug out of her bedroom and started reading again. His energy is so infectious and the stories are so inspiring - many of these people weighed so much more than I do, and had 200, 300, 400 lbs. to lose. It's kind of helping me put things into perspective.

I have more that I want to say about self-esteem and a conversation I had at work and everything that I've been thinking about, but I'll have to cut this short because I have to leave for work in 15 minutes, so I'll leave it for tomorrow. To be continued!...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Melissa, I'm Liuba, I am also doing Meta (omni) and am in level 2 right now, and also have a blog about it. It is interesting to read your blog, and we can support each other here.

    Well done on all the reps. For me level 2 is difficult so far and I am also doing something like 15 reps, but I think it is OK. You do your best. Tracy has been in fitness for years, so not racing after her is OK. Go on your own speed. Baby steps! :) Good luck with DC!

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics