Thursday, February 16, 2012

Level 2, day 2.

Today was definitely a tough one - I only did 15 minutes of cardio, and I scraped through another 10 or 15 reps in my MS, but I could already feel slight changes (for example, I actually managed to do the last "ta-da!" move today). I also used 3 lbs. weights for my arms, which made a CRAZY difference, holy crap they were so heavy! I definitely think they're going to make a huge difference in my arms.

Food-wise, I went grocery shopping last night and bought a huge bunch of dill to try in a salad recipe. While wondering, "What else can I do with dill?" I remembered my best friend's incredible potato salad, so I sent her an email asking her what she puts in there and when I got home last night, I made a big bowl of potato salad - and promptly ate most of it. I finished it for breakfast today, and I'm already planning another batch.

See, my best friend is the kind of person who can throw a bunch of ingredients together and make a meal. She doesn't usually bother with measuring anything, she just tosses it all in there as she goes along. So I used her philosophy while making her potato salad, tossing together some sour cream with a little mayo, loads of chopped dill, boiled potatoes and hard-boiled eggs, chopped leek, and I added some diced celery for a little crunch. I'll have to make it again with Greek yogurt today, since I only bought the littlest container of sour cream, so we'll see how that turns out, but I think she would approve of my adventurous spirit. As long as it tastes good, right?

1 comment:

  1. A great recipe for dill is a cucumber-yogurt salad with dill. You can find a lot of different variations on the web. Basically, you slice raw cucumbers and make a dressing with the yogurt and the dill. Mix it together, let it marinate in the fridge for a while, and eat.

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics