Saturday, February 18, 2012

Sick day.

So I took a rest day yesterday, thinking I'd get back on the ball today - but when I woke up this morning, I had horrible stomach cramps. I ate a few Tums, took a shower and started to get dressed, thinking that maybe my sick feeling would go away. It didn't, so I finally decided to call in sick to work, which ended up being the right move, because I spent the whole day running back and forth between the bathroom and my bed, curled up in fetal position with a heating pad on my stomach (which was the only thing that seemed to bring a little bit of relief).

After 12 hours, I started to feel a little better, so I allowed myself some fresh fruit juice - I juiced a pear and a handful of green grapes, and drank maybe half the juice in little baby sips, so it really wasn't much. The only other thing I had today was a cup of ginger, peppermint and fennel tea in the morning. I'm starting to feel a little bit of an appetite, but I think I'm just going to read some Harry Potter and go to bed - I don't want to eat anything for fear of not being out of the woods yet. I'm already worried enough about the fruit juice I had not being good for my stomach!

We'll see how I feel tomorrow, but I might give myself a break on the workout unless my body's feeling fantastically better. I think I need some time to rest and recover, but I should be back by Monday.

4 comments:

  1. Hi there. Are you feeling better!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm getting there! Just about to write up a new blog post about today's fail of a workout, hahaha.

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics