Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Level 2, days 7 & 8.

I can't believe it's been almost a week since I did my Tracy! It just goes to show that if I allow myself too much slack, it's way too easy for me to get off track. I did my workout today, pushing myself to do 15 reps for most of the exercises, and I took a 15-minute walk with my dog and then tacked on a measly 5 minutes of rebounder work, but that's still a total of 20 minutes for cardio... kinda.

Food-wise, things were definitely not so great this past week, either. I made a roasted vegetable lasagna with mushrooms and zucchini, which was delicious, but c'mon - carbs and cheese always are. I also went to a family dinner for my grandmother's 80th birthday and had one of the only vegetarian dishes on the menu, which just so happened to be (god, I don't even want to say it) pasta in a three-cheese sauce. The sauce was so rich and thick and creamy, but not even in a good way - it felt like a weight in my stomach, it wasn't even good because it was just too much. And then when I went to brunch with my best friend over the weekend, I had a delicious meal and felt the opposite of what the pasta made me feel - that satisfied feeling where you know your belly is full of delicious, good stuff - but when we got back to my place, we ended up making chocolate chip cookies, hahahaha. So this week has been really indulgent and kind of gross, but I'm back on the train now. I'm going to caramelize some onions and wilt some baby spinach and make a quiche (I've made three already in the past couple of weeks, I'm back on a quiche kick).

I'm also thinking that I might try, instead of doing six days on, one day off, to do three days on, one day off. I think it might be more manageable for me to work in three-day increments, so I won't get totally discouraged waiting for my next rest day - and I'll still be doing six days a week, but my rest day will move around. The only concern I have with that is if I can't fit a workout in on a specific day, but whatever, I will just have to suck it up and learn to wake up an hour earlier if I have to!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics