Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Level 2, day 1.

After previewing level 2 last night, I thought "What fresh hell is this?!" Everything looked so fast and insane, for a few minutes I thought I must have skipped ahead to level 3 by accident, but alas.

I still feel like there should have been a level in between to prepare me for this madness, but I'm sure that's part of the process - to push yourself harder, so that by the end of level 2, I'll be all "I can do it after all!" I mean, that's my hope, because I definitely couldn't do it all today. I barely managed 10 reps of everything, and some, like that move where you have to lift off on your palm and one knee, the one where she tells you to have the "ta-da!" moment with your foot, I couldn't even manage at all. I'm reeeeeally hoping I can manage to step it up as I go along, because today's MS was totally pathetic.

As for DC, I did maybe 20 minutes (10 before MS and 10 after) before stepping off the rebounder to get some water, and when I did that, my legs were so wobbly that I felt like I was in Harry Potter and someone had put the Jelly-Legs Jinx on me. Also, Jelly-Arms. While I was previewing arms yesterday, I thought "Holy crap, I'll never be able to do them that fast," but I DID. It was much easier to follow when I was actually doing them, and the free arms made my arms burn SO BAD. I used my 1 lb. weights since it was my first day, but I think I'll move up to 3 lbs. from now on, since I really want to push myself with arms. Anyway, I can hardly walk or lift my arms or hold anything, which I think is a good start for level 2.

2 comments:

  1. Melissa, I thought the exact same thing when I previewed Level 2! It took a few days to get into it (probably more than usual since I took a day or two extra off), but it does get easier. I feel like I have a whole-body Jelly Jinx on me when I'm done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the great work, Melissa!

    Some days are easier than others, I would have low energy days where my muscles just felt fatigued. I wasn't physically tired, just drained. But, those would most often be followed by high energy days. As long as you push yourself as far as your body can go and break a sweat you will be fine!

    Any exercise is better than none! Keep it up!!:)

    http://unpublishedworksofme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics