Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Level 3, day 7.

I don't know how it happened, but I ended up taking 6 days off from Tracy - SIX days! There was a lot of stuff happening in my personal life, a lot of stress and anxiety, and after a total meltdown yesterday, today I was finally able to pick myself back up and start again.

I know that Tracy says we should be working out 5-6 days a week, but I wonder if maybe I should scale back a little and try to aim for a minimum of 3-4 days a week. Of course, 5-6 would be better, but a part of me feels like maybe that psychs me out, maybe it would be more manageable for me to start with 3-4 days a week and work my way up. I don't know. I've been thinking a lot about how I want to choose to work out because I WANT to, not because I have to. And I do love Tracy's MS, but I don't always want to do it all the time. I guess I just have to find a balance between pushing myself to do it when it will do me some good, without losing motivation because I feel like I'm being forced to do something I don't wanna.

Today's MS was definitely tough - I dropped back down to 10-15 reps of each move, as usual when I haven't worked out for a few days in a row. And I didn't get any cardio in, because it SNOWED (yuck!). But I do feel a little better just being back on the right track.

1 comment:

  1. Do what feels right for your body and try to challenge yourself a little. Doing 10-15 reps your first day back is fine, you'll be able to increase even more the second day and the third. It's not like you are starting back at square one!

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics