Monday, March 19, 2012

Level 3, days 4 & 5.

Just checking in: I did day 4 on Thursday, and then had a rest day on Friday, which was great because I was working a 10-hour shift for a product launch at my store - but my rest day turned into two rest days, and then three rest days, because my weekend was so busy and on top of that, I actually got sent home early on Saturday because I was having such terrible cramps. Okay, so it was only 15 minutes early, but still! I ended up going to the pharmacy to buy more Aleve, which was what the last pharmacist had recommended, but since it wasn't helping much, I asked the pharmacist at this store if she had anything stronger and she sold me another painkiller (with codeine!) and told me to combine them at the first sign of pain.

The pharmacist told me that often, we try to wait out the pain, but that I should actually nip it in the bud when it first starts. It kind of made me think of how I handle emotional pain - how, often, I'll torture myself with it - and I'm kind of starting to consider if there are better ways of dealing with my feelings, ways that are kinder and gentler for me. One of the books that's been floating around my environment for months now is Byron Katie's "Loving What Is," and I'm thinking that maybe when I get paid later this week, I'll pick it up and see how it can help me. Have any of you read it?

This weekend was gorrrgeous, weather-wise - it was like we skipped spring and went straight to summer. I started taking my dog out for 40-minute walks along the bike path, and I let her off the leash when there aren't too many people around so she can run and tire herself out. That's what we did this morning, and when I got home, I got back to my Tracy, even though I didn't really want to. I had a lot of trouble with standing abs today, because my stomach kind of hurt and I felt uncomfortable, but the rest of the MS went pretty well. I can't believe I'm already at the halfway mark, though! And that in five more days, I'll be finished the first DVD.

One thing I've noticed is that this past week, it feels like my thighs have gotten a lot more muscular, which I'm loving. Sometimes, if I'm walking up the stairs at work or something, I'll put my hand on my thigh or give it a squeeze to feel how hard it is, hahaha. I may not be losing much weight, if any, since I haven't been focused on food or cardio, but I can definitely still see small changes in my body and I'm excited to follow that progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics