Saturday, March 10, 2012

Level 3, day 1.

I really didn't want to do my workout today (no surprise there) but I did my first day of level 3 and I have to say, I think I am going to like this one. I did arms without weights since it was my first day, and there was definitely some difficult getting through abs - I have a hard time getting the angles right with standing abs, and an even harder time knowing when to inhale and exhale for abs on the floor - I catch myself holding my breath a lot and have to really remember to inhale. I also really like the leg work, especially all the attitude butt lifts, even though some of it was pretty tough. But I feel like I'm going to love this level; it's definitely less horrendous than level 2 was. I also walked my dog for 20 minutes, and then did 5 minutes of rebounding before my ankle and knee really started hurting.

I also got a Groupon in my inbox this morning for a three-month gym membership for only $49. They have hot yoga and Zumba, which are both things that I've wanted to try, and I could also use the treadmill to try a little treadmill dancing, and use the sauna. Included in the three-month package was also a 30-minute consultation with a trainer, and a custom training plan - I don't think I really need that, since I like the toning I'm doing with Tracy and my focus is more cardio, but we'll see what the trainer has to suggest. You can also get 50% off your first massage at their spa, which is also something I was thinking about treating myself to, so it seems like the whole offer was just tailor-made for me, like some Secret-universe-manifesting thing! The gym's a little far, but it's accessible by public transit so I can go when I'm working (or maybe even when I'm not, we'll see if I feel like commuting an hour, hour and a half to get there, haha). There are a few things that I'm nervous about, but I think it's best to just take it one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics