Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Metamorphosis, day 5.

Took an unscheduled rest day yesterday, because I worked a longer shift and then spent a few hours with my best friend. I had the day off today, and I was thinking it might be another unscheduled rest day, but I changed into my workout clothes when I got out of bed and after a few hours, I FINALLY got off my lazy butt and did it.

I started with cardio on my rebounder (I usually do MS first), thinking that switching them up might make it easier to get through half an hour, but nope, I still only managed 15 minutes. Then I decided I was going to try to learn Carmen Electra's Aerobic Striptease routine (ha ha ha), so I did the warm up for that and was just about to start the actual routine when my brother got home. I was thoroughly bored by that time (granted, it WAS just the warm up, so it was meant to be slow), so I popped in my Tracy and did my MS - actually managed 25 reps on most of the leg moves, and 30 REPS on the last two, yay! And I even managed to get through one of the leg moves that was really, really hard for me before (the one where you pull your knee to your side and then straighten and pulse twice), which made me feel really good about myself - but the move after that (the leg straight out to the side with a bounce and then pull your knee back in) still killed me, I actually skipped it today, oops.

AND THEN. I did ANOTHER 15 minutes of cardio on my rebounder! WHAT?! Yes, that's right, I actually did a full 30 minutes total, WHICH WAS AMAZING. I sweat so much more than usual and I felt GREAT about it. I think I might try splitting my cardio in two, before and after MS, until I can do the full 30 minutes at once.

So all in all, I'm feeling pretty proud of myself for today's workout, and actually HOPING I feel the burn tomorrow - I'm starting to miss it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics