Friday, January 27, 2012

Metamorphosis, day 2.

This morning, I was so sore, especially in the ass, that I could hardly get out of bed. I love that kind of achy feeling, the kind that tells you you're really working hard, and I'm always amazed that it could feel so strongly after only one workout.

That said, I wasn't too keen on continuing the trend today, but I dragged myself out of bed and did my MS (20 reps of almost everything... the two leg exercises in the middle had me scraping by with 15 - but I did use one-pound weights for my arms this time!), and then I did 15 minutes of cardio on my rebounder while watching Keeping Up With The Kardashians (a habit I picked up after reading Mindy Kaling's Book, Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?). Unfortunately, I ended up watching the episode about the anniversary of the Kardashians' father's death, which wasn't too motivating. My new goal is to make it through an entire episode (22 minutes!).

Food-wise, I'm not following Tracy's plan yet, but I think I probably will as soon as I can get to a grocery store. I've been doing much better in that department in the past few weeks, eating healthily and not too much, but something about starting a new exercise program must have sent me reeling because I worked late last night and on my way home, I stopped at the grocery store and bought some total crap (cheesecake and brownie bites, oh my god). I did walk home from the grocery store, about a 20-minute walk, and I slipped and fell right on my side in the parking lot. Stupid ice, stupid winter. Anyway, I'll try to be reasonable about the desserts - oh, who am I kidding - honestly and realistically, I'll probably end up finishing the cheesecake tonight (under my usual excuse of "but at least then it'll be over and done with!") but maybe toss the brownie bites in the freezer and focus on eating healthy whole foods again. We'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics