Thursday, August 30, 2012

Back to the start!

It's been about four and a half months of no Tracy. I went through some big changes, moved into a new apartment, started walking the 30 minutes home from work or my best friend's apartment as often as possible, somehow managed to lose about 15 lbs. Got a three-month gym membership, went once and realized that if I have to commute to do my workout, it's not going to get done. ("Staying home is the new going out in fitness," right?)

Last night, I was talking to my roommate about Tracy and she wanted to try it, so this afternoon, we threw our yoga mats down and did the MS for Level 1...

All of my love/hate came roaring back. I sweat so much that the hair at the nape of my neck was wet, my face was dripping, and I LOVED IT. I loved doing these moves that I had missed. I loved realizing that my body is stronger than I think. I loved waking up muscles that I had forgotten about, remembering the changes that I saw in my body when I started. I loved seeing my roommate struggling - okay, I know that sounds like an awful thing to say, but what I mean is that it reminded me of my own struggle when I first started, and it showed me that I HAVE come a way from where I was, and that I'll continue to move forward.

But I hated (in a love way) the torture of the workout, the knowledge that each level is going to get progressively harder - even though I look forward to it, suddenly.

I'd really like to start running, but I'll have to start small since I don't have the endurance to do much and I know my feet and legs always hurt a lot because my ankles overpronate and I don't have good shoes.

So I think my goal will be to do Tracy's MS 2-3x a week working up to 5-6x a week, and to start jogging (maybe with the Couch to 5K app) for 20-30 minutes 2-3x a week. I want to start small and build from there because I want to set myself up for success.

And now, to go catch up on all of your lovely blogs!

(I'll try to get measurements done soon, so I can have a point of reference for this new journey!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics